Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Almond Meal Honey Blueberry Muffins


The ever-growing list of recipes I've marked (pinned) wasn't exactly on my list, but I can check one off and keep it in the stack of things to become regulars.  I fashioned these Almond Honey Blueberry muffins after a recipe for Chamomile Honey Almond Meal Muffins.  They're grain free and gluten free, helthy, and pretty delicious. Definitely follow that link through to the Roost blog though, she has lovely style and some really exciting gluten free/grain free recipes that I can't wait to make.

Almond Meal Honey Blueberry Muffins
(Baked at 350 for around 30 minutes, served with a bit of cream cheese)
  • 2 cups finely ground almond flour (I used bob's red mill while I wait to find a coffee grinder to mill my own...)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 TPSP Chia Seeds (could leave these out)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • Blueberries (I basically took a spoon and dumped some blueberries on the top of each muffin cup and pushed them down into the top of the batter) 



Here's a peek at the small crewel project that I started a while back in a class.  Really nice to have something other than crochet to pick up, spend a bit of time with , and set down.  Once I finish this kit I may try to get a bunch of crewel yarn and try out some free form...

May not have gotten much else crafty done this weekend, but we planted a TON of bulbs for spring (surely planting in hopes of a later bloom still counts as creating), moved the washer/dryer, and enjoyed a great walk over Capitol Hill just in time for a lovely sunset and lovely dinner.  Here's to things in-progress!

No comments: