Tuesday, January 20, 2009

crafty updates...

My very first quilt (small thought it was) is finished! This is the very first project I started with my lovely new sewing machine and was finished just in time to mail off for Erin's baby shower! More pictures to come when my camera cord makes its way through the snow to me...

My favorite part of the quilt was hand sewing the binding. It was surprisingly relaxing and satisfying... each stitch bringing me closer to an actual quilt, not just pieces of fabric pinned together. Each stitch, just like the women who've quilted before me. I know this will be something I enjoy for the rest of my days. I can fill my home, my children's home, my grandchildren's home with lovely quilts I hope.


Fabric for the wedding-table-squares came last week also! I've done quite a few... the tally:
To do: 13
Done: 12

The bottom two fabrics I am unsure of. The white pattern I adore, but I realize it may not stand out enough on the ivory table cloths. And the last, the green stripe, is much more neon green than I had supposed. I'll keep these in mind but may keep an open eye for other patterns that would be better in their place.


Updates of other natures...

My second job interview was today and went well! I truly think I would be a good fit and would love the job and the company. I hope it works out... I should be hearing this week sometime.

No comments: