Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hoverson Love

The library here is quite wonderful... I can request books online and they'll have them ready & waiting... I can request books they don't have, & they'll purchase them! Which is exactly what I did a couple weeks ago.

There are a few books I've been wishing would come into my ownership... so in the mean time I requested them from the Library to be sure that they were as useful and likable as I've imagined. One of those books is Patchwork & Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson (the owner of Purl Soho, one of my favorite places to look for fabric). This book is fantastic (even sans patterns... which for some reason the library took out) and I will definitely want it to be a permanent addition to my crafty library.


While browsing this lovely book, I enjoyed my third batch of gluten free banana bread (from gluten free girl), which is my favorite so far. I've tweaked the recipe a bit and this time added ground flax seed and left out the cocoa powder... all it needs is a thin layer of light cream cheese (add that to the mental grocery list).


Itching to make something & having finished my big secret project (photos coming soon... can't risk the recipient mother-to-be catching a glimpse) I wanted to sew! I fell in love with this adorable pin cushion from the aforementioned book but was without those pattern pieces. I gave it my best guess and dug through my scrap pile... definitely cut the pieces too wide, but hey, its still cute! Is it strange that I color coded my pins without much thought? Thats the OCD accountant type shining through in my crafts I suppose...


Now I'm simply hoping that my wedding-reception-table-square fabric comes tomorrow so I have an excuse to sew all day!

My big interview has again been rescheduled, now to Tuesday morning at 9am (silly CEOs who are always flying here and there!). In the process of rescheduling I did deduce something quite nice... I believe I am one of two candidates in the final interview process. The CFO emailed the agency asking if the collective interviews could be changed to 9 & 10am on Tuesday morning. Sounds like two interviews yes? Well the 9am is me. Down to the wire... what shirt should I wear with my suit (must make a visual impact so they remember me)?

2 comments:

Erin said...

I don't think you should wear a shirt...

Erin said...

So, when I read "can't risk the recipient mother-to-be catching a glimpse" I was actually thinking that it was YOUR mother to be - JD's mom. I was totaly clueless. It arrived during the shower so everyone got to see it & they were all impressed. You need to post the pictures for the rest of the world to see, because it is beautiful & will be treasured for all time. Thanks Cuz!